Which modem is best for gaming?
- #1 Best Overall – Arris Surfboard SB8200.
- #2 Netgear CM2000 (Best Performer – Cable Modem)
- #3 Netgear CM600 (Budget-Friendly – Cable Modem)
- #4 Motorola MG8725 (Premium Option – Modem/Router Combo)
- #5 Netgear CAX80 (Runner Up – Modem/Router Combo)
What modems do gamers use?
- NETGEAR Nighthawk CM2000. The best modem for gaming overall.
- Linksys CM3016. The best modem for gaming on a budget.
- Netgear Nighthawk CAX80.
- TP-Link Archer CR700.
- Motorola MB8611.
- ASUS Modem Router Combo.
- ARRIS Surfboard S33.
- ASUS CM-AX6000.
Does modem matter for gaming? There is no such thing as a “gamer” modem/router. That is all marketing. Game performance is most affected by consistent latency they use very little bandwidth most in the 500kbits/sec range, a 2mbps connection will likely run a game just as well as a 500mbps.
Should I upgrade my modem for gaming? The bottom line
Getting a modem and router that is good for gaming will provide you with a more optimized internet connection capable of reaching top speeds and prioritizing your gaming experience so you don’t get bogged down with lag or latency.