Which modem is best for gaming?
- #1 Best Overall – Arris Surfboard SB8200.
- #2 Netgear CM2000 (Best Performer – Cable Modem)
- #3 Netgear CM600 (Budget-Friendly – Cable Modem)
- #4 Motorola MG8725 (Premium Option – Modem/Router Combo)
- #5 Netgear CAX80 (Runner Up – Modem/Router Combo)
Do modems matter for gaming? There is no such thing as a “gamer” modem/router. That is all marketing. Game performance is most affected by consistent latency they use very little bandwidth most in the 500kbits/sec range, a 2mbps connection will likely run a game just as well as a 500mbps.
What is the best router modem combo for gaming?
|Model||Modem max speed|
|Best for speed||ARRIS SURFboard SBG7600AC2||1,200 Mbps|
|Best for gaming||NETGEAR Nighthawk C7000||1,000 Mbps|
|Best budget option||ARRIS SURFboard SBG10||680 Mbps|
|Best for DSL||GreenWave C4000 LG||100 Mbps|
1 more row
Do routers make a difference for gaming? High-Speed Internet Connection
While a gaming model will offer faster speeds than a budget router, you won’t notice a huge difference with a router like the ASUS RT-AC86U. That said, some gaming routers provide a mode for gaming that gives network priority to your gaming connection.