Which router is best for gaming?
- Asus RT-AX86U. The best gaming router overall.
- TP-Link Archer C5400X. The best Wi-Fi 5 gaming router.
- Netgear Nighthawk XR1000. A great Wi-Fi 6 gaming router.
- Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000. A tri-band Wi-Fi 6 router.
- Netgear Orbi WiFi 6 (RBK852)
- Asus RT-AC86U.
- TP-Link Archer AX6000.
Do routers matter for gaming? The most significant benefit of a gaming router is the QoS feature, which prioritizes your gaming traffic to cut through network congestion. That said, most online games experience faster speeds through a wired connection, regardless of which wireless router you use.
Do Wi-Fi routers make a difference in gaming? Summary. Does a gaming router make a difference? Even if you aren’t a gamer, the answer for most users is a resounding yes. QoS features improve user experience across the board, offering a more intuitive and hands-on way to manage WiFi signal, traffic, and your household bandwidth.
What router do most streamers use?
- Linksys EA7500: Our pick.
- TP-Link Archer AX10: Budget pick.
- NETGEAR Nighthawk AX12: Splurge pick.
- TP-Link Archer AX6000: Wi-Fi 6 pick.
- ASUS RT-AC5300: Multitasking pick.